Established in 1949 by Alexander R. Meyer, Sr., we are located in the heart of San Francisco’s Mission District. We moved to our new location in September, 2003. Prior to that, GGG&M had been at 1031 Valencia Street in a building owned by the family since 1964. Prior to that the building next door had been our home since December, 1949. Members of the Meyer family have been the driving force behind the company for 60 years.
Brian Moore: In February of 2003, Operations Management was turned over to Brian, a grandson of the founder. Brian is a journeyman glazier and has been in the trade for over twenty years. He started at Golden Gate and has worked for several other glass companies as well. He was a glazier for the San Francisco School District before returning to Golden Gate as Vice President and Manager in 2003.
Margaret “Margie” Puent: Office management and walk-in sales continue under the watchful eyes of Margie, the founder’s youngest daughter. Margie was raised in the shop and has helped many of the shop’s customers for a lot of years. With the retirements of her sister, Mary, and her brother, Alex, Margie’s responsibilities have increased. As President, this has necessitated bringing in more front office help and re-arranging schedules, so if she doesn’t answer the phone when you call, don’t worry... she’s still there!